Thrifty Halloween Display
I don’t go crazy decorating for Halloween. All the black and orange together isn’t really my thing. This year I did a spooky vignette on the sideboard in our foyer. My daughter Hannah helped me. Her contribution is the recipe for love potion, which is inside the birdcage. She also created all the potions in the bottles!
Hang on to your hat….here is the recipe!
How to make a love potion by Hannah (age 11)
- Take out your cauldron
- Boil your water
- Take out your magical frog barf
- Pour your bat’s blood into the cauldron
- Take the heart of a pixie and place it in a bowl
- Mix the cow eyeball and the pixie heart into the cauldron
- Take a bottle of poison and slowly pour it in
- Throw in a fairy wing.
- Pluck a slug from the ground and cut it into squares.
- Lastly, mix the whole thing and carefully pour it into a crystal vial.
Caution: If you don’t properly mix the poison and the fairy heart, the potion has turned poisonous.
I think I’ll pass on that little concoction. Frog barf??? Really???
Before you start worrying about my daughter I should tell you that she is not disturbed…just highly imaginative and happens to have read the Harry Potter series about five times.
I know the photo is super distracting because of the peek-thru window into the next room. Oh well, you get the idea. Almost everything in this display (the birdcage, all of the bottles, and the candelabra) was found at thrift stores making this a very thrifty display.