random thoughts on a snowy friday
1. We got a whopping amount of snow yesterday and last night.
2. You are probably tired of snow pics, but they are so pretty I can’t resist posting them. They are really for my mom (who loves the snow) and my southern peeps, so they can get a little “snow fix.”
3. Are you watching American Idol this season? I think it’s the most talented group they’ve ever had. I’m glad the hollywood shenanigans are over now, so we can get on to the good stuff.
4. I was praying for a snow day for my kids today. I love snow days.
5. I let my kids talk me into going to see “The Woman in Black” the other day. I do NOT enjoy scary movies. I do NOT like them, Sam I Am.
6. Pretty sure my screams were more entertaining than the movie itself. 🙂
7. My hubby’s been traveling all week and his flight home yesterday was cancelled. 😦
8. Speaking of traveling, Jake wants to go to Scotland for his graduation trip. We better get planning, considering it’s just three months away.
9. I used to get kind of annoyed when older moms would tell me to enjoy every second with my kids because the time would fly by. I just didn’t get it.
10. Now I do. When your kids are small, it feels like they’ll be small forever.
11. One day you are teaching them to ride their tiny little white and red bicycle with training wheels and the next you are watching them scrape the snow off of their car and drive away.
12. Now I’m the annoying older mom. And my advice to young moms who think they’ll be digging cheerios out of the carpet for the rest of their lives? Don’t blink. Soak it up. Hold tightly to those precious chubby hands.
13. On to cheerier thoughts…I snapped these photos around 6:45 this morning in my fuzzy pink polka dot robe and snow boots. I was a vision of loveliness. 😉 Reason #642 that I’m thankful that we don’t have neighbors.
14. Have I ever mentioned that my keyboard is Canadian? 🙂 We purchased this computer in Canada and so when I type words like favorite and neighbor, it auto corrects my spelling to add u’s after the o’s. It’s really annoying.
15. Speaking of spelling…I’m a really good speller. I came in second place in the fourth grade spelling bee. I lost on the word HELICOPTER to Pam Martin. As you can tell, I’ve never quite gotten over it. 😉
16. I pretty much want to re-decorate every room in my house right now. All at once. Maybe it’s because I’ve been cooped up too long and ready for spring? Or maybe I just need some Ritalin for my design ADD?
Well, that’s all the randomness I can muster up for now. If you are still awake, thanks for listening.
Have a happy weekend, everybody!